osCommerce is an online shop (e-commerce) solution by the open source community. Its feature-packed, out-of-the-box installation allows store owners to setup, run, and maintain their online stores with minimum effort and with no license fees involved.
osCommerce combines open source solutions to provide an open e-commerce platform.
With no restrictions or special requirements, osCommerce is able to run on any PHP4 enabled Web server, on any environment that PHP and MySQL supports, which includes Linux, Solaris, BSD, and Microsoft Windows environments.
The main advantage of osCommerce is that there is a constant upgrading and update path reflecting what the clients want.
However, to add onto osCommerce, get under the bonnet and make an attractive design, you need to know PHP scripting and the architecture of osCommerce very well.
That is where we come into the equation.
We have been extending and upgrading osCommerce for clients since 2003 and have a wealth of experience in developing and maintaining many online stores using this platform.
- Customer accounts
- Customer address books (other shipping destinations)
- Order history
- Temporary (not logged on) and permanent (logged on) shopping carts
- Search catalogue for products or manufacturers
- Product reviews by customers
- E-mail notifications
- Foreseen checkout procedure
- Secure transactions with SSL
- Number of products in each category are shown
- Bestseller lists
- Display what other customers have purchased (relating to the current product displayed)
- New design for user-friendliness
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Categories-to-categories structure
- Statistics for products and customers
- Dynamic product attributes
- Tax zones, classes, and rates
- Configuration parameters in database for remote editing
- Not tied together with the catalogue module (admin module can be installed on another server)
- Payment and shipping modules
- Connection to oanda.com’s currency exchange rate servers for multi-currency shops
- Decide what to display (and the order) in the product listings
- Backup tool
- General Functionality, as of Preview Release 2.1
- PHP3/PHP4 compatible
- Out-of-the-box functionality
- Becoming modular
- Localisation: English, German, and Spanish; plus contributions.