Tiktok Shops Ireland – all you need to know.
Creating a TikTok shop
is a great way to reach a younger audience and sell products through social media. Here’s how to get started:
- Set up a TikTok Business Account: To set up a TikTok shop, you will need to create a TikTok Business Account. This will allow you to create and manage ads, access analytics, and sell products through your TikTok profile.
- Link your eCommerce platform: TikTok currently supports integration with Shopify and other eCommerce platforms. You will need to connect your online store to your TikTok Business Account to start selling products.
- Create Product Listings: Once your eCommerce platform is linked to your TikTok account, you can start creating product listings. Make sure to include high-quality product images and descriptions that accurately represent your products.
- Promote your Products: TikTok offers a variety of advertising options to help you promote your products to a wider audience. You can create ads, collaborate with influencers, or create engaging content that showcases your products.
- Manage Orders: When a customer makes a purchase through your TikTok shop, you will receive a notification and order details in your eCommerce platform. Make sure to fulfill orders promptly and provide excellent customer service to keep your customers happy.
- Analyze Performance: Use the analytics tools available in your TikTok Business Account to track your shop’s performance. This will allow you to see which products are selling well, which ads are performing best, and how your shop is growing over time.
TikTok shop rules
are put in place to ensure a safe and trustworthy shopping experience for both customers and sellers. Here are some of the rules that TikTok has in place for its shopping feature:
- Compliance with TikTok’s Community Guidelines: TikTok requires all sellers to comply with its Community Guidelines. This includes rules about nudity, hate speech, and harassment.
- Selling of Legal and Safe Products Only: TikTok does not allow the sale of illegal or unsafe products, including items that are regulated or banned by law. Products must also be safe for consumers to use and meet any applicable safety standards.
- Transparent Pricing and Product Descriptions: Sellers are required to provide accurate and transparent information about their products, including pricing, product descriptions, and shipping information.
- Shipping and Fulfillment: Sellers are responsible for fulfilling orders and shipping products in a timely manner. They are also required to provide tracking information and respond to customer inquiries promptly.
- Refunds and Returns: TikTok requires sellers to have a clear refund and return policy in place. Sellers must provide refunds or exchanges for faulty or damaged products and address customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Customer Service: TikTok requires sellers to provide excellent customer service to their customers. This includes promptly responding to customer inquiries and providing support throughout the shopping process.
- Compliance with Local Laws and Regulations: Sellers must comply with all local laws and regulations, including those related to taxes, customs, and shipping.
Here’s how payments work on TikTok shops:
- Payment Methods: TikTok shops currently support several payment methods, including credit/debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other payment options depending on the country.
- Secure Transactions: TikTok uses secure payment processing technology to protect customers’ payment information. Customers can safely enter their payment details within the TikTok app, and their information will be encrypted and stored securely.
- Payment Authorization: When a customer places an order on TikTok, the payment is authorized and the funds are held until the seller confirms the order and ships the product. Once the product is shipped, the payment is processed, and the funds are transferred to the seller’s account.
- Transaction Fees: TikTok charges a transaction fee for each sale made through its platform. The fee varies depending on the country and the payment method used.
- Payouts: Once the payment is processed, the seller can request a payout from their TikTok shop account. TikTok shops currently support payouts via bank transfer or PayPal, depending on the country.
Here’s how store owners can get payout in TikTok:
- Link a Payout Account: To receive payouts, shop owners need to link their payout account to their TikTok shop account. TikTok currently supports payout accounts in the form of a bank account or a PayPal account, depending on the country.
- Request a Payout: Shop owners can request a payout through the TikTok Payments system once they have sales earnings in their shop account. The minimum payout threshold varies by country.
- Verification: Before a payout can be processed, TikTok requires shop owners to verify their identity and payment information. This may involve providing a valid government-issued ID or other documents, depending on the country.
- Processing Time: Once a payout is requested and the verification process is complete, TikTok will process the payment. The processing time may vary depending on the country and payout method chosen.
- Receive Payout: Once the payout is processed, the funds will be transferred to the shop owner’s payout account. Shop owners can then withdraw the funds to their bank account or use the funds to make purchases or payments online.
TikTok prohibits the sale of certain products on its platform.
These prohibitions are in place to ensure the safety of users and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Here are some examples of products that are typically prohibited from sale on TikTok:
- Illegal Products: TikTok does not allow the sale of illegal products, including items that are prohibited by law, such as drugs or firearms.
- Dangerous Products: Products that are deemed dangerous or pose a risk to consumers, such as fireworks, explosives, or weapons, are prohibited from sale on TikTok.
- Counterfeit Products: Selling counterfeit or fake products is strictly prohibited on TikTok. This includes products that infringe on someone else’s intellectual property rights, such as knockoff designer handbags or pirated software.
- Adult Content: TikTok does not allow the sale of products that contain adult content or are intended for adult use only, such as pornography or sex toys.
- Misleading Products: Products that are misleading, false or deceptive, such as products that make false health claims or products that do not meet safety standards, are prohibited from sale on TikTok.
- Endangered Species: The sale of products made from endangered species, such as ivory or rhino horn, is prohibited on TikTok.
- Alcohol and tobacco-related products, including vaping devices and e-liquids. This includes any products that contain or promote nicotine, tobacco, or alcohol.
You can sell protein products on TikTok shops as long as they comply with TikTok’s policies on prohibited products and other guidelines. TikTok generally allows the sale of health and wellness products, including protein supplements, as long as they do not make false or misleading claims, do not contain illegal or dangerous substances, and comply with local laws and regulations.
Are there any countries I am not allowed to sell to on TikTok ?
Yes, TikTok has specific policies in place regarding the countries that sellers are allowed to sell to on the platform. TikTok’s policies on international trade compliance prohibit sellers from selling to certain countries and regions that are subject to trade sanctions or other restrictions.
The specific countries that are subject to these restrictions may vary depending on a number of factors, including the seller’s location and the products being sold. However, some common examples of countries that are subject to trade restrictions include North Korea, Iran, Syria, and Cuba, among others.
How old do I need to be to set up a TikTok Shop ?
To set up a TikTok Shop, you must be at least 18 years old and have a TikTok account that is at least 90 days old and have a valid business license or tax ID number. TikTok requires that all sellers meet these eligibility requirements in order to ensure that only legitimate businesses are selling products on the platform.
If you are under 18 years old, you may still be able to sell products on TikTok with the help of a parent or legal guardian who meets the eligibility requirements. However, the parent or legal guardian must be the one to set up and manage the TikTok Shop account.
Does TikTok look after the VAT return on my Tiktok shop ?
TikTok is responsible for collecting and remitting Value Added Tax (VAT) on behalf of sellers on the platform, but it is the seller’s responsibility to ensure that they are complying with all applicable tax laws and regulations in their own country.
TikTok will automatically calculate and collect VAT on sales made through the platform, and the amount of VAT collected will be displayed in the seller’s account. TikTok will then remit the collected VAT to the relevant tax authorities in accordance with local regulations.
However, sellers are responsible for ensuring that they have registered for VAT in their own country, and that they are complying with all applicable VAT rules and regulations. This may include filing VAT returns and paying any additional VAT owed on their sales through TikTok.
Sellers should consult with a tax professional or seek guidance from their local tax authorities to ensure that they are complying with all applicable tax laws and regulations. TikTok provides a basic VAT calculation and collection service, but it is the seller’s responsibility to ensure that they are fully compliant with all tax laws and regulations in their own country.
How does TikTok deal with multi currency on TikTok Shops ?
TikTok Shops currently supports multiple currencies, which allows buyers to purchase products in their local currency, making the buying process more convenient and accessible.
When a seller sets up a TikTok Shop, they must choose their default currency, which is the currency they will receive payments in from TikTok. However, buyers can still view prices in their local currency, and TikTok will automatically convert the price to the buyer’s currency at the current exchange rate.
When a buyer makes a purchase, TikTok will process the payment in the buyer’s local currency, and the seller will receive the payment in their default currency. TikTok will handle the currency exchange process and will ensure that the seller receives the correct amount in their chosen currency.
It’s important to note that currency exchange rates can fluctuate, which means that the final amount received by the seller may be slightly different from the original price listed in their default currency. Sellers should keep this in mind when setting prices and should regularly review their sales activity to ensure that they are receiving the correct amount in their chosen currency.
In summary, TikTok Shops currently supports multi-currency transactions, making it easier for buyers to purchase products in their local currency, while ensuring that sellers receive payments in their chosen default currency.
Do I need to allocate Stock for my TikTok Shop?
Yes, as a TikTok Shop seller, you will need to allocate stock for your products to ensure that you can fulfill orders in a timely manner. When you set up your TikTok Shop, you will need to provide information about your products, including their pricing, shipping details, and available inventory.
TikTok will use this information to manage the availability of your products on the platform and to notify you when an order is placed. It’s important to ensure that your inventory levels are accurate and up-to-date to avoid overselling or canceling orders due to insufficient stock.
You can manage your inventory levels through your TikTok Shop dashboard, which will allow you to view your current inventory levels, update them as needed, and receive notifications when inventory levels fall below a certain threshold.
Allocating stock is a crucial part of managing a successful TikTok Shop, as it ensures that you can fulfill orders quickly and maintain customer satisfaction. By monitoring your inventory levels and updating them regularly, you can ensure that your products are always available for purchase on the TikTok platform.
Are there TikTok shop reviews ?
Yes, TikTok Shop has a review system that allows buyers to leave feedback and ratings for their purchases. These reviews can help potential buyers make informed decisions about which products to buy and can also help sellers improve their products and customer service.
When a buyer makes a purchase on TikTok Shop, they have the option to leave a review for the seller and their product. The review includes a rating system with up to five stars, as well as a comment section where the buyer can provide additional feedback about their experience.
Sellers can view and respond to reviews through their TikTok Shop dashboard, and they can use the feedback to improve their products and customer service. Positive reviews can also help sellers build trust and credibility with potential buyers, while negative reviews can provide valuable insights into areas that need improvement.
It’s important for sellers to monitor their reviews regularly and respond to them in a professional and helpful manner. By providing excellent customer service and addressing any issues raised by buyers, sellers can build a strong reputation on the platform and increase their sales and revenue over time.
How many products can I sync when launching TikTok Storefront?
To launch a TikTok Storefront you need only 1 product, but we recommend a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 2000 products.
Where do sales occur once users start their purchase on TikTok?
Users can view the product details within the TikTok app. However, the user will be directed to the merchant’s website to make the purchase & complete the transaction.
How will users discover TikTok Storefront for my products?
There are two ways: when the user clicks on the “Product Link” in your video and lands on the product detail page or when the user visits your TikTok profile. The “Product Link” will only be visible to users in the US, while your video will be visible globally.
Can I promote videos containing product links through ads?
Yes, paid support is possible for videos with product links for select regions. Merchants in the UK can put paid support behind their organic videos featuring product links with “Spark Ads” (not available in all markets). Merchants in the US + UK can put paid support behind their organic videos featuring product links using the Promote feature.
What if I have multiple Business Center Accounts?
We will display a list of Business Centers where you have admin access. You may connect to an existing Business Center Account by clicking Connect. If you do not have a current TikTok Business Center or prefer to use a new one, you may click Create/Create New to create a new account.
How does TikTok review my information?
There are two reviews that will be conducted – product review & content review. This is to ensure that we meet compliance, ensure relevance of product in the video, and drive good user experience.
How many organic videos should I post and with what frequency?
You can post as many videos as you want, but we recommend that you post at least 2 videos per product synced on TikTok Storefront and ensure that you post videos at least once every two days.
Can I sync products which have multiple SKUs?
Yes. We are able to support multi-variant items that might have multiple sizes or colors. For example, you may have a sweatshirt that comes in red or blue and is available in sizes S, M, L, XL, and XXL.
Can I drive ads towards TikTok Storefront?
Soon TikTok will develope this capability through VideoShopping Ads, which is built to help advertisers leverage short form video creatives and product cards to sell through your storefront.
Do I need to spend on TikTok to participate in TikTok Storefront Product Links?
No. The program is organic and does not require Sellers to be actively investing in ads. It is recommended to create organic videos to build your organic following, as this will allow for better engagement through TikTok Storefront.
Can I create collections with the products on my Product Showcase tab?
This feature is not available yet, and the product order on your showcase tab will coincide with the upload order.
Can I track purchases from the test?
Yes. You can track organic purchases from TikTok with the Pixel installed and via the Store Manager backend, both at an aggregate and product level.
Can I connect my Creator account to TikTok Storefront?
For the time being, when you connect a Creator account to activate TikTok Storefront, it will automatically be upgraded to a Business account, with many Branding features to optimize a seller presence on TikTok.