Do I need a Merchant Credit Card Account to operate my online store?
There are 2 options
1. Accept payments using a online purse, Paypal, WorldPay, ChronoPay, SecPay and P2P.
2. If you require funds to go straight into your bank account you need to acquire a merchant credit card account.
If you are using Realex Payments then you need to apply for a merchant credit card account. These are provided by the following Irish banks:
- Bank of Ireland (Visa, Mastercard, Laser)
- AIB (Visa, Mastercard)
- Ulster Bank (Visa, Mastercard, Laser)
- Amercian Express Ireland handle AMEX cards.
No other Irish banks provide these accounts as of 20/12/2009.
If you are using WorldPay or PayPal you do not need a merchant credit card account.